We’re currently looking for a wig-making intern to also help assist in the running and growth of the business…
Amiwigs Ltd is a small company based in SW London that specialises in making bespoke human hair wigs and hairpieces for men, women and children suffering from medical hairloss. The company is in a stage of growth and is gradually helping out more and more people in vulnerable situations.
The Wig making Intern will be responsible for assisting in office, the development and implementation of its marketing, business development, and public relations plans. This will be accomplished through developing, maintaining and expanding marketing channels/methodologies to the professional community, hairdressing and medical community and the public at large. They will also be taught one-on-one wig making skills alongside the running of the business.
Amiwigs Ltd being a small company; are looking for someone who is a very creative thinker and can happily work independently.
• Will be required to help with wig repairs and alterations
• Must have excellent communication skills with clients and suppliers
• Write keyword rich, press releases about new products and company/industry news
• Assist in coordinating various marketing methods including, direct mail, print ads, networking, internet, social media, and develop new methods of marketing
• Assist in the creation of e-newsletters; writing marketing messages, compiling photos, content and logos and implementing in online platforms
• Assist in the final preparation for marketing materials; proofread, editing, posting on sites, and sending test messages
• Assist in social media efforts including posting updates on Facebook fan pages and contributing ideas for company blogs
• Internet abilities and strong communication skills; written and oral
• Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability
to prioritize in a changing environment
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow- up skills
• Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution ability
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities, and willingness to learn
• Wig-making experience – v important
• Hair dressing experience
• Interest in small business development
• Have marketing/pr experience
• Advanced in online social media, such as facebook and twitter.
All applicants must be highly competent in knotting and have examples to show of work at their interview.
Please send applications and covering letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.